Horizon Recruitment Inc. has been engaged by a successful, local business with 50+ years of history to identify a Controller / General Manager to help lead the company into the future. This person will oversee the accounting, but that will be only one small part of this dynamic and broad role. As a senior member of leadership, you will be involved in all parts of the business to ensure that things run smoothly.
- Overseeing day to day activities of the accounting and processing of orders and receipts of the office
- Prepare all correspondence with external accountants for annual review of financial statements, answering all queries and problems they may have
- Complete all payroll functions for the company with a small staff of 20+ employees
- Work closely with the marketing/sales department providing reports on gross margin, quarterly sales, etc.
- Work closely with the warehouse manager on freight and insurance issues, and overall running of the operations
- A professional accounting designation (CPA, CGA, CMA, CA) or equivalent experience
- Strong common sense with the ability to make decisions
- Experience in the wholesale and distribution space is preferred
- Interpersonal savvy and the ability to speak comfortably with all levels of staff
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.