Horizon Recruitment is conducting a search for a Controller for a unique opportunity with a VC backed retail restaurant business in Ottawa, ON. This Controller is a newly created role for a growing business with strong entrepreneurial roots and big expansion plans. The Controller will have an opportunity to build and create as the business expands. As a entrepreneurial minded individual with a mix of strategic and hands on capability you will create a path to becoming the CFO of this business.
We are looking for a Controller who will be responsible for overseeing all financial and accounting aspects of the company. Directly reporting to the CEO, you will measure the financial performance, risks and opportunities of the company. The candidate should be a reliable professional with knowledge of accounting, finance and business in general. You are a strategic thinker, resourceful and a good leader.
- Prepare and produce monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Develop and analyse the different key performance indicators of the company
- Analyze and participate in the expansion plans
- Monitor, develop and implement budgeting and accounting processes
- Develop management reports and update the financial forecasting model
- Follow up with investors
- Follow up on accounts receivables and payables
- Participate in month-end postings and bank reconciliations
- Balance and analyze general ledger accounts
- Control and monitor inventories
- Perform various analyses
- Working closely with the various departments
- Ensuring that budgetary control procedures are improved and effective
- Manage audits and maintain the relationship with the auditors
- Preparation and production of annual reports for various government agencies
- Supervision and training of the accounting team
- Prepare, verify and process the payroll for the organization
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent training;
- Restaurant/hospitality (including franchising) experience highly preferred
- 5 years experience in a similar position or role;
- Experience in internal control, process improvement and financial reporting;
- CPA designation required;
- Good understanding of the complete accounting cycle;
- Experience in financial modelling
- Microsoft Office suite savvy (Word and Excel);
- Advanced level of English (spoken and written);
- Initiative and autonomy;
- Excellent sense of organization, thoroughness and confidentiality.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.