Horizon Recruitment Inc is conducting a search for an experienced Controller to lead the accounting and finance functions for a busy company in the manufacturing sector. Reporting to the Director, Finance, you will be responsible for the overall financial reporting and management of the individual operating division’s accounting and finance functions.
- Responsible for all accounting, financial reporting and operational data analysis activities including intercompany effects with other entities
- Oversee preparation of financial statements and ensure they are in accordance with IFRS
- Present financial period end results to senior management, highlighting areas of concerns and action plans
- Provision of financial analyses and operational support as it pertains to production/costing variances and sales analyses
- Ensure costing models are current and accurate, and are continuously improved
- Review all forms of contractual agreements and provide commentary to mitigate risks
- Lead and mentor an accounting team to ensure effective feedback and career planning
- Liaise with the corporate office finance and accounting staff, and provide ad hoc reporting.
- A professional designation and qualifications (CPA, CA, CMA or CGA) along with 5+ years of managerial experience
- Hands on, roll up the sleeves professional with a demonstrated track record of success in a similar role in a public company with a preference for manufacturing or distribution experience
- Capability, drive and initiative to learn, adapt and execute
- Solid knowledge of current accounting principles and rules under IFRS
- An open and articulate communicator with strong analysis, presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Proven strategic thinking ability to apply a results-oriented approach
- Excellent analytical skills, and applies a creative approach to problem solving
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.