Horizon Recruitment Inc is currently seeking a Controller for a growing company with head office downtown and facilities around western Canada. Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will be a go-to player for a wide assortment of responsibilities and special projects. The ideal candidate will combine a thorough understanding of accounting with a proven track record in an industry role. You thrive in a constantly evolving work environment and are energized by interesting work and the opportunity to take on a variety of projects. You can take on hands-on work while at the same time maintain a strategic lens on the business and new opportunities. The accounting team is small for now but with the growth plans in place you'll be the key leader in the build. You will be responsible for the accounting operations of the organization and all its subsidiaries and ensure the efficient handling of day-to-day accounting transactions, cash management and risk management in a highly regulated and high transparency environment.
- Recognized accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA)
- 5+ years of experience in accounting with experience outside of public practice (public company experience would be great)
- Experience with month-end close and process improvement
- Strong ability to develop and interpret financial and accounting information
- Some experience in M & A would be advantageous
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Self-starter who can take initiative with the ability to learn quickly
- Advanced problem-solving abilities
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered***
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.