Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting a search for a Controller to run the day to day accounting for an exciting lifestyle brand based in Burnaby. We are looking for someone who can roll up their sleeves and be a hands-on leader for the small accounting team. You will have a great attitude and strong communication skills and preferably love the outdoors!
The Controller will be responsible for the day to day accounting function including financial statement preparation, analysis, and review of month-end P&L financials and maintaining fixed assets and depreciation. You will also have some opportunity to get involved with some pricing, inventory and costing analysis and accounting. You will oversee AP, AR and will also take on the payroll function. You will work closely with the CFO for business process improvements and general growth across the organization.
- A professional designation (CPA) and experience in a manufacturing or distribution business is preferred
- Hands-on, roll up the sleeves professional with a demonstrated track record of success - if you are a Senior Accountant or an Accounting Manager ready to take the next step up, this could be the perfect role!
- ERP experience - preferably Sage Enterprise or X3
- Experience processing payroll is an asset
- Capability, drive, and initiative to learn, adapt and execute
- Solid knowledge of current accounting principles and rules
- An open and articulate communicator with strong analysis, presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain