Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting a search for a Controller for a mid-sized food manufacturer based in the Lower Mainland. Reporting to the CFO, the Controller is a key member of the Finance Team and Management Team and is responsible for maintaining timely, accurate, and relevant financial, sales, operational, and margin information in support of the objectives of the Strategic Plan.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly and year-end financial statements, and other ad-hoc financial reporting, including variance and margin analysis.
- Maintains the manufacturing overhead model, costing model, and other manufacturing-related models and reconciliations.
- Compiles, analyzes and reports information that assists the Sales Team in driving future sales from sources including Sage BusinessVision, Crystal Reports, Excel and Access.
- Identifies high and low performing items, brands, and customers to help identify root causes and trends, helping the Sales Team make the most out of every sales opportunity.
- Assists in the development and reporting of the corporate sales forecast, sales targets and the evaluation of promotional programs.
- Works with the Sales Team in developing a promotional product forecast model.
- Reports margin performance vs. targets and assists in pricing decisions.
- Develops financial models and information sources that assist in the creation and evaluation of value-adding customer programs.
- Maintains and evolves the corporate dashboard and KPI/metrics program.
- Is responsible for regular financial closing, budgeting, and forecasting activities.
- Responsible for ensuring accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll functions are completed on a timely and accurate basis.
- Prepares monthly and year-end financial reconciliations, journal entries, as well as other ad-hoc reports and reconciliations, as required.
- Ensures all Finance related government remittances and compliance filings are completed.
- A professional accounting designation and qualifications (CPA, MBA) along with at least 3-4 years of post designation experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of full-cycle experience in a senior level Accounting/Analyst position in a medium/large company.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel, Access and Word.
- In-depth knowledge of ERP software applications, with preference given to Sage BusinessVision.
- Demonstrated ability to develop custom reports in Crystal Reports, Access and Excel.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability.
- An open and articulate communicator with strong analysis, presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain Management