Horizon Recruitment is working with a local food distribution company to find a new Controller to be responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating all accounting operational functions. This newly created role will be leading a small team as they develop into a senior member of the leadership team. This could be a great opportunity for someone to step up into a larger leadership position as the company is flexible on developing someone,
- Plans, directs, and coordinates all accounting operational functions.
- Manages the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results.
- Manages month end closing and prepares monthly financial statements and related reports
- Provides management with information vital to the decision-making process.
- Manages the budgeting process.
- Assesses the current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed.
- Oversees regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance.
- Hires, trains, and retains skilled accounting staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field
- 3+ years relevant work experience in similar role
- Demonstrated experience leading a Finance function ideally in the distribution sectors
- Professional accounting designation -CPA
- Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting techniques as well as proficiency with financial statement analysis and projection.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Advanced computer skills and must have Sage300 experience
- Ability to lead and engage team members to reach a common goal.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to effectively communicate with management, peers, staff, and public groups.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.