Horizon Recruitment Inc. is looking for a Controller for an exciting, young technology company that is transforming the space they are in. As the Controller you will be responsible for the overall financial reporting and act as a bridge between finance and operations. This is a hands on role where you'll be wearing many hats as the business continues to grow. Our client is at an exciting stage of growth; even with the pandemic, they have doubled in size over the last 6 months.
- Overall responsibility for all accounting matters which includes full-cycle accounting, payroll, tax compliance, AP, and AR
- As part of the senior leadership team, work closely with operations on budgets, forecasts, variance analysis, and management reporting
- Project manage process improvement initiatives that allow for sustainable growth
- Present financial period end results to senior management, highlighting areas of concern and action plans
- A professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA) with at least 2 years of experience in a supervisory role
- Hands on, roll up the sleeves professional with a demonstrated track record of success
- Strong leadership capabilities with the ability to influence and manage stakeholders
- Capability, drive and initiative to learn, adapt and execute
- An open and articulate communicator who can build strong relationships
- A desire to work in a fast-growing start up environment
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.