Horizon Recruitment Inc. is looking for a Controller for a manufacturing and distribution company based in Vancouver. As the Controller you will be responsible for the overall financial reporting and act as a bridge between finance and operations. This is a hands on role where you'll be wearing many hats as the business continues to grow. Our client is at an exciting stage of growth, with it happening both organically and through acquisition. With a robust deal pipeline, you will start off overseeing a small team but will help grow the team as the business continues to grow.
- Prepare monthly and year end financial statements and provide valuable analysis to senior leadership
- Responsible for overseeing the day to day accounting transactions - AP, AR, Payroll
- Project manage process improvement initiatives
- Keep track of KPIs by developing dashboards and other reports
- Present financial period end results to senior management, highlighting areas of concern and action plans
- A professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA) with at least 3 years of experience in a supervisory role
- Costing experience gained from working in a manufacturing environment
- Hands on, roll up the sleeves professional with a demonstrated track record of success
- Strong leadership capabilities with the ability to influence and manage stakeholders
- Capability, drive and initiative to learn, adapt and execute
- An open and articulate communicator who can build strong relationships
- Ability to speak intermediate to fluent French
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.