Horizon Recruitment is conducting a search for a Controller with a growing national company in the automotive industry. Reporting to the Vice President, Accounting and supporting the operations and sales teams, the Controller is responsible for managing a fast-paced accounting department at our clients Brampton facility. The Controller ensures smooth accounting operations and provides timely financial information for senior management. Our client has a history of growth through a combination of strategic M&A activity and organic growth. As the company continues to expand this role presents a unique opportunity to learn, build and manage their eastern Canadian operations.
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting and financial reporting functions.
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements.
- Managing and monitor the budgeting process.
- Oversee tax, insurance and banking relationship management
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems.
- Coordinating activities of external auditors for year-end audit.
- Supervise and provide guidance to a 6 member accounting team.
- Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff.
- Support executives in other tasks as assigned.
- Follow company safety policies and practices, and immediately, report any and all accidents.
- CPA designation or equivalent accounting credentials
- Highly self-motivated, well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of Reynolds & Reynolds/CDK/other auto software is considered an asset.
- Be able to handle multiple duties and projects simultaneously.
- Possess strong computer knowledge, including intermediate knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to communicate with others and to assimilate and understand information, in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Self-disciplined character and strong leadership skills.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.