Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting the search for a Contracts Specialist for our large BC based client. This role will manage a portfolio of contracts focusing on a number of BC based projects. Initially a 12 month contract term, this position will focus on long term projects and may continue for multiple contract extensions or, conversion to a permanent position.
- Manage post award vendor relationships with service providers
- Act as owners representative in all contract negotiations with external vendors
- Manage all change orders, claims and scope inquiries
- Manage engineering specifications for equipment requirements
- Manage vendor information and monitor vendor production and delivery schedules for major equipment
- Develop and manage vendor KPI's and scorecards
- Track project budgets and schedules for contract portfolio
- Assist with the development of scope of work and RFx for construction tenders
- Liaise with project managers, engineers and construction / site managers to ensure vendors are completing work to schedule and to required quality levels.
- University level degree ideally in engineering or construction management disciplines.
- 5+ years of experience working in a project environment, ideally within a mining or EPC environment.
- 3+ years of experience working in Mining, Construction, Oil & Gas etc.
- 5+ years of experience in contract administration / contract management
- Exceptional communication skills. Both written and verbal.
- Customer service focused approach to contract management
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.