Horizon Recruitment is conducting the search for a Contracts Specialist for our large BC based client. This role will work closely with operations teams to assist end users with the sourcing, selection and management of service contracts and master service agreements. You will assist with drafting technical documentation and develop basic contract terms and conditions and will liaise with vendor representatives to ensure delivery of items is within the scope of the contract.
Initially a contract position this role may grow into longer term or permanent opportunities.
- End to end procurement and contract management for services and complex / long lead time materials.
- Sourcing of vendors through RFP / RFQ processes
- Assess contract templates and develop robust contract terms and conditions to minimize risk to the organization
- Manage post award vendor relationships for a specific portfolio
- Negotiate change orders, claims and manage scope inquiries
- Track project budgets and schedules for contract portfolio
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure vendors are completing work to schedule and to required quality levels.
- University level degree ideally in engineering disciplines.
- 5+ years of experience working in a complex and diverse environment
- 5+ years of experience managing complex contracts and service agreements
- 3+ years of experience in procurement or contract administration
- Exceptional communication skills. Both written and verbal.
- Customer service focused approach to contract management
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.