Horizon Recruitment has an immediate need for an Intermediate Strategic Sourcing Specialist - IT. This position performs contract administration for all active contracts and high volume, quick-turnaround tactical sourcing for Single Bid threshold commitments in the digital services space. This includes tasks such as organizing and filing contract documents, updating and maintaining the contract management system, preparing terms and conditions and non-disclosure agreements, and performing pricing analyses. The role may support one or more Category Managers in executing category strategies for the enterprise. This position composes contractual documentation in compliance with laws, regulatory requirements and company’s Supply Chain policy and procedures. This position is within Supply Chain and works collaboratively with both internal customers and external suppliers to execute Single Bid and other sourcing solutions.
- Prepares contracts, contract modifications, renewals, termination notices, and executive summaries. Processes novation agreements and analyzes historical spend.
- Determines and coordinates the review of the applicability of terms and conditions, such as Cybersecurity requirements, local regulatory and operating requirement clauses, with internal Business Units in accordance with corporate requirements. This includes reviews such as certificates of insurance, conflict of interest, Risk Management, and safety plans.
- Coordinates legal review of the contracts with internal and external stakeholders.
- Performs high volume, quick-turnaround Single Bid contracting and/or assists the Business Units prepare contracts, with some exposure to multi-vendor bid events, ensuring compliance with corporate policies and procedures. Reviews tactical sourcing events performed by Business Unit for completeness and compliance.
- Manage new suppliers on-boarding process by setting up initial meetings with potential business unit partners.
- Act as a lead in managing expiring contract reports using monthly queries.
- Performs quarterly/on-going contract compliance review and analysis and follows up with the Business Units for plans of action. Co-ordinate with Category Managers (CM) to ensure that all applicable actions are completed in timely manner.
- Communicates changes to specifications/terms of service with internal and external stakeholders.
- Serve as the lead for the Contract Management module. Conduct all required testing for Contract Management Module and provide management with feedback on issues, and resolution.
- Serve as the lead for supplier registration to administer approvals, reviews, and maintenance of the module.
- Maintains master contract files. Inputs accurate and appropriate contract information into the contract management system(s).
- Manages the contract management systems and has system administration responsibility.
- Proposes and participates in process improvements to support efficient business process operations that meet or exceed the desired results of the annual Supply Chain Customer Satisfaction Survey.
Education and Experience
- Working knowledge of IT contracts and clauses required.
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) or equivalent desired; Business or Supply Chain Management preferred.
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of relevant and recent contract administration/contracting experience is required.
- Knowledge of contracting principles, including contract drafting, legal requirements, terms and conditions, price analysis and negotiation.
- General knowledge of Company operating procedures, processes and/or practices preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors, peers and customers.
- Able to demonstrate relevant skills in tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint to share, retrieve and research business information and data.
- Ability to identify relevant issues in solving business problems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively listen and orally communicate ideas and information to all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely for routine correspondence to all organizational levels.
- Uncompromising attention to detail, ability to notice minor discrepancies
- Working knowledge of contract terminology, structure and language strongly preferred.
- Background knowledge in commercial processes and negotiations.
- Experience in collaboration and team building.
- Stakeholder management, including presentation to managers and making recommendations.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with ability to manage competing priorities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio and Project). Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel is a plus.
- Exposure to digital procurement tools such as PowerAdvocate, SAP/Ariba, PowerBI, Ivalua, etc. is a plus.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.