Horizon Recruitment is conducting a search for a Contracts & Claims Manager for one of our large Ontario based clients. This position will be working on a significant construction project that will see substantial operations continue for an extended term. The Contracts & Claims Manager will consult with stakeholders from a variety of operations and will require substantial experience with large scale projects. The resource will start on a work from home basis, but may be expected to work onsite once pandemic restrictions have lifted. The preference is for a candidate located in the GTA.
As the Claims Manager, you will manage a portfolio of contracts, developing contract strategy and managing contract execution. Building and improving on current administration policies will be vital to delivering projects effectively. You will be responsible for ensuring all contracts are implemented fully and are managed to the level that ensures projects are completed on time and within scope. The Contacts Manager will be responsible for managing change orders, risk assessment, vendor performance, and procurement policy frameworks.
- Experience handling changer orders and implementing policies around claims mitigation
- Demonstrated experience assessing and identifying risk
- Experience dealing with claim disputes for large contracts is an asset.
- Must have contract management experience on major construction contracts (internationally or domestically)
- 8+ years experience in contract management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communications, and negotiations experience
- Proven ability to manage contracts for large scale projects
- An SCMP designation would be considered an asset (or equivalent combination of designation plus experience)
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.