Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting the search for an experienced Contract Manager with strong claims management experience to join one of our BC based clients. Our client requires a candidate with experience managing large civil construction services and equipment contracts, including managing complex change orders and claim negotiations. Initially a 6-month contract position, this role is working on a portfolio of projects and has the potential for contract extensions.
- Manage high profile / complex post award vendor relationships
- Negotiate all change orders, claims and scope inquiries
- Manage claim negotiations with reference to legal terms and conditions, as well as construction planning and schedule constraints
- Track project budgets, performance metrics, and schedules for contract portfolio
- Liaise with legal team, project managers, engineers and construction / site managers to ensure vendors are completing work to schedule and to required quality levels.
- University level degree ideally in law, engineering or construction management disciplines.
- 8+ years of experience working in a project environment, ideally within an EPC environment.
- 5+ years of experience working in Mining, Construction, Utilities Oil & Gas etc.
- 5+ years of experience in contract administration / contract management
- Must have proven experience negotiating construction claims and major change orders
- Customer service focused approach to contract management
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.