Horizon Recruitment is conducting the search for a Contract Manager for our BC based client. Based in northern BC and on a rotation schedule, This role will manage large contracts and will liaise closely with vendors and sub-contractors on site. This position will focus on long term projects and has the potential to continue for multiple contract extensions.
- Manage all post award site vendor relationships
- Negotiate all change orders, claims and scope inquiries
- Manage progress payments and approvals
- Track project budgets, performance metrics, and schedules for contract portfolio
- Assist with the development of scope of work and RFx for construction tenders
- Liaise with project managers, engineers and construction / site managers to ensure vendors are completing work to schedule and to required quality levels.
- University level degree ideally in engineering or construction management disciplines.
- 8+ years of experience working in a project environment, ideally within an EPC environment.
- 5+ years of experience working in Mining, Construction, Oil & Gas etc.
- 5+ years of experience in contract administration / contract management
- 2+ years experience managing worker's accommodation vendors
- Experience creating and managing reporting templates and contract KPI’s
- Exceptional communication skills. Both written and verbal.
- Customer service focused approach to contract management
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- This role is based in Ft St John BC.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.