Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting the search for an experienced Contracts Manager for an opportunity with one of our BC based clients. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of a large portfolio of vendor contracts focused on major construction projects across western Canada.
· Manage vendor negotiations to ensure terms and conditions conform to project requirements
· Ensure contract terms and conditions minimize risk of quality or schedule issues
· Manage vendor claims and change orders
· Assist with the evaluation of RFx bids and conduct negotiations to put contract agreements in place
· Work closely with engineering and project managers to ensure schedules are up to date and vendor performance / delivery is on target
· 8+ years of experience managing major contracts for Capital Projects in excess of $100 million
· Experience writing, negotiating and preparing contract documents
· Experience or exposure to large scale construction or engineering projects is preferred
· Hands on, proactive approach to vendor management
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills is expected
· Experience working in a complex, large scale environment
· Proven ability to manage shifting priorities, deliverables and multiple stakeholders
· University level training and education in procurement, engineering, or construction management
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered***
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.