Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conduction a search for experienced Project Managers to join our client’s project team. The role will focus on tenant improvement projects and commercial renovations and will manage a large portfolio of projects covering a wide geographical area.
The successful candidate will be required to travel regularly to project sites to monitor the progress of each project simultaneously and may be based out of any major capital city in Canada.
- Responsible for managing projects from estimation through to completion
- Support design team with site technical data on each project
- Maintain project schedules and forecasts
- Identify process improvement opportunities to streamline key functions within the project management role.
- Manage contractor, vendor and property manager relationships throughout the construction phase
- Manage contracts, insurance, and bonds, safety, etc.
- Manage project budgets, schedules, and deadlines
- 8+ years of project management experience, ideally in commercial renovations or tenant improvement projects.
- Post-secondary, technical education (BCIT) or similar in construction or industry-related program
- PMP designation is preferred
- Skilled at reading and interpreting technical documents, plans, and engineering information
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and excel under situations with substantial change.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications as well as project management software
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be able to travel extensively both domestically within Canada and to projects in the USA.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.