Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting a search for a Compliance and Regulatory Manager to support our client’s finance team. Reporting to the Controller, you will manage continuous improvement projects and focus on payroll compliance, risk management and financial reporting functions. The position will drive process improvements and support best practices across the organization as they work to modernize the back office.
- Manage regulatory compliance for areas such as sales and commodity taxes, payroll tax, international tax compliance
- Manage legal / contractual requirements for the businesses including working with legal team to develop contract templates and negotiation strategies
- Support financial reporting, compliance and regulatory requirements within the accounting team.
- Drive compliance improvement by conducting payroll and financial compliance assessments across all areas of compliance
- Comply with the routine remittances and statutory reporting
- Review Admin Compliance audit assessments, and collaborates with internal teams on review and analysis of compliance data for their business area, tracking results and trends and identifying required compliance strategies and action plans
- Conduct assessments and analysis to determine non-compliance or risk issues
- Manage implementation of process controls or policy improvements
- Manage compliance for payroll operations for a complex team of staff in both union and non-unionized roles
- A professional accounting designation and qualifications (CPA, CGA, CMA, CA)
- Experience in a public practice / audit environment
- 3+ years experience in a leadership role
- Experience using large ERP systems
- Strong Excel and data analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent analytical skills, and applies a creative approach to problem solving
- Experience in manufacturing or distribution is a plus
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.