Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting a search for a Compliance and Audit Analyst to support our client’s finance team. Reporting to the Audit Supervisor, you will manage continuous improvement projects and focus on IT compliance, risk management and financial reporting functions. The position will drive process improvements and support best practices across the organization.
- Manage regulatory compliance for areas such as sales and commodity taxes, payroll tax, international tax compliance
- Support financial reporting, compliance and regulatory requirements within the accounting team.
- Drive compliance improvement by conducting financial compliance assessments across all areas of compliance
- Comply with the routine remittances and statutory reporting
- Review Admin Compliance audit assessments, and collaborates with internal teams on review and analysis of compliance data for their business area, tracking results and trends and identifying required compliance strategies and action plans
- Conduct assessments and analysis to determine non-compliance or risk issues
- Manage implementation of process controls or policy improvements
- Manage compliance for payroll operations for a complex team of staff in both union and non-unionized roles
- A professional accounting designation and qualifications (CPA, CGA, CMA, CA)
- Experience in a public practice / audit environment
- Experience using large ERP systems
- Strong Excel and data analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent analytical skills, and applies a creative approach to problem solving
- Experience in capital projects is mandatory
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.