Horizon Recruitment is currently seeking an experienced Commodity Manager for one of our Vancouver base manufacturing clients.
The Commodity Manager will be responsible for a multimillion dollar portfolio including raw materials, Contract Manufacturing services and Packaging, etc. The Commodity Manager will oversee the business relationship with suppliers to ensure supply chain is capable of delivering high quality, cost effective materials in time to support new product development and production requirements.
Other responsibilities include quick turnaround of outsourcing as needed and setting up Supplier Agreements structured to reduce lead time and limit materials exposure and liability.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies and supplier development programs
- Ensure timely delivery of high quality materials to the production team within budget
- Manage competitive bid process, tender evaluations and contract negotiations
- Liaise with planning, engineering, sales and production departments to ensure a constant flow of materials while minimizing inventory risk
- Manage vendor performance metrics
- Experience sourcing international vendors through the use of a variety of procurement tools
- Continuous improvement and experience with lean / six sigma methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail and the ability to work in a constantly changing environment
- 2-3 years previous international commodity management experience within a manufacturing environment
- Education in Operations or Supply Chain Management preferred
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance and Supply Chain.
To APPLY and view similar postings please visit “Your Career” at www.horizonrecruit.com.