Our client a well known and rapidly growing business based in Leamington is searching for an Experienced Commodity Manager.
- Creates produce forecasts based on customer inventory levels
- Routinely checks product quality in inventory and ensures inventory is being rotated properly (FIFO)
- Coordinates and assists in communicating customers’ expectations with production and shipping
- Ensures constant communication with sales on ad planning and product movement
- Ensures constant communication with buyer to determine purchasing product volumes needed to bridge growing gaps, cover ad’s and fill volumes
- Constant contact with farms on picking forecasts to stay on top of inventory volumes, sizes and quality
- Makes suggestions to sales for the disposal/movement of surplus commodities in a timely fashion
- Routinely monitors, verifies, and gives feedback to production on their accuracy of product grading
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in produce industry w/ produce quality knowledge
- Experience using SAP is an asset
- Must have strong time management skills with emphasis on meeting deadlines
- Highly energetic and assertive with strong leadership skills
- Excellent, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.