Horizon Recruitment is currently seeking an experienced Senior Buyer for one of our Lower Mainland manufacturing clients.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role will be responsible for a complex portfolio of materials and services and will ensure a consistent flow of high quality and cost effective inventory to manufacturing teams at multiple international facilities.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies and supplier development programs
- Ensure timely delivery of high quality materials to the production team within budget
- Manage competitive bid process, tender evaluations and contract negotiations
- Manage vendor contracts and service agreements
- Liaise with planning, product development, sales and production departments to ensure a constant flow of materials while minimizing inventory risk
- Manage vendor performance metrics
- Experience sourcing international vendors through the use of a variety of procurement tools
- Continuous improvement and experience with lean / six sigma methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail and the ability to work in a constantly changing environment
- 5+ years previous international commodity management experience
- Experience using large ERP/MRP systems
- Ability to travel internationally
- Education in Operations or Supply Chain Management combined with an MBA or supply chain designation is strongly preferred
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.