Horizon Recruitment is conducting a search for a Claims Manager for one of our large Vancouver based clients. This position will be working on a key project that will see substantial construction operations continue for an extended term. Working in the Lower Mainland, the Claims Manager will consult with stakeholders from a variety of operations and will require substantial experience with large scale projects.
As the Claims Manager, you will manage a portfolio of contracts, developing contract strategy and managing contract execution. Building and improving on current administration policies will be vital to delivering projects effectively. You will be responsible for ensuring all contracts are implemented fully and are managed to the level that ensures projects are completed on time and within scope. The Contacts Manager will be responsible for managing change orders, risk assessment, vendor performance, and procurement policy frameworks.
- University degree with a Supply Chain Management focus (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Experience handling changer orders and implementing policies around claims mitigation
- Demonstrated experience assessing and identifying risk
- An SCMP designation would be considered an asset (or equivalent combination of designation plus experience)
- 5+ years progressive experience in a contracts related role
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communications, and negotiations experience
- Proven ability to manage contracts for large scale projects
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.