Horizon Recruitment Inc is conducting the search for a Category Manager to join our client with a large portfolio capital equipment. Our client is looking for an experienced procurement and contract management professional to lead major capital equipment purchases and maintenance programs. The successful candidate will bring substantial category experience and vendor relationships as well as a proven ability to manage a high workload while also driving process improvements within the supply chain group.
- Work with internal stakeholders to review existing vendor agreements and scope of services utilized
- Source and evaluate vendors for both projects and operations through global tendering process.
- Negotiate long term contracts / agreements with equipment and service partners
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure time and cost considerations are kept in control and on schedule
- Manage changes and escalations for any issues that surface during the life of contracts
- Drive process improvement and documentation within the supply chain group
- 8 - 10 years of progressive procurement and category management experience within a large scale business
- A degree in engineering or supply chain; ideally combined with an MBA or masters in a related field.
- Experience and exposure to the major players within heavy equipment, earth moving and engineering
- Significant RFP preparation and management experience
- Exceptional spoken and written communication skills
- Experience working in a fast paced complex environment
- Experience in a project based environment, ideally from a Mining, Oil & Gas or Civil construction background.
Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance and Supply Chain.