Horizon Recruitment Inc. has an immediate need for a permanent position with our logistics client as their Capacity Manager. Our client is an entrepreneurial organization with a strong focus on teamwork and customer service. This is an opportunity to join a group of people who are developing and leading transformational change in their industry. The individual we're looking for will have expertise handling all aspects of capacity and account management for over the road freight.
The ideal candidate will have a proactive customer service based approach to building relationships with a portfolio of clients and will be a hands on self starter who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and contribute to the organization's growth.
- Manage existing vendor/trucking companies
- Set up and develop relationships with new carriers
- Negotiate daily load rates and long term agreements carriers
- Provide pricing estimates on lanes for the Sales team
- Develop new lanes with carriers to support sales
- Identify and track carrier capacity, track and trace shipments daily and provide updates to clients and sales team
- Administer Transportation Management System
- Build strong relationships with carriers to review business and build long term partnerships
- Support the sales team as necessary
- Confident, highly motivated, self-starter with a drive to build business in a competitive market
- Excellent customer service, problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Drive to deliver superior and industry leading customer service levels
- Proactive team player
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- University degree in a business related subject
- 2+ years experience in a sales or customer service environment
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.