Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting a search for Buyer to join our client in the manufacturing sector. Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, you will ensure timely execution and closure of material orders for a large portfolio within a fast paced manufacturing environment. You will be responsible for managing vendor relationships and long term contract agreements. Managing Vendor KPI’s / scorecards and escalating any performance issues when required.
- Manage high volume purchase orders in ERP system
- Develop and maintain purchasing reports for multiple manufacturing facilities
- Coordinate with Customs and freight forwarders to ensure timely delivery of raw materials
- Negotiate price, delivery and terms with support of Commodity Managers
- Regularly communicate material issues that may impact projects
- Manage vendor relationships and contracts
- Expedite material orders and escalate any potential bottle necks
- Highly organized individual with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work as part of a team and with minimal supervision
- Supply Chain related designation or 5+ years of relevant experience
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.