Horizon Recruitment has an immediate need for a Buyer to join our client on a 3 month contract to assist the purchasing team with high volume buying activities. This role provides a great chance for a resourceful individual with a strong rooting in the fundamentals of purchasing, procurement and vendor management to expand their skill set. The Buyer will work with the Manager, Procurement and other purchasing staff to ensure that the business continues to operate at full efficiency.
- Work with the purchasing and procurement group to coordinate all buys
- Assist in negotiations where required
- Provide support to the Procurement Manager and corporate buying team
- Prepare PO's and analyze responses along with recommended action steps
- Ensure procurement and corporate standards are managed appropriately
- At least 3 years’ experience in a purchasing or supply chain related role
- Ability to work independently in addition to a team structure
- Experience with a major ERP
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Proven negotiation skills and experience
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered***
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.