Horizon Recruitment Inc. has an immediate requirement for a Buyer with expertise in purchasing, negotiations and supplier relationship management. Our client is a major contributor to BC's economic engine and has a long and impressive history. This 3 month contract provides an excellent opportunity with a name brand organization to add to your resume.
We are looking for a supply chain professional who can manage the tendering processes within the categories of equipment, services and supplies, MRO, facilities, food services and construction.
- Reviews and monitors purchase requests to ensure compliance.
- Provides consistent sourcing and contracting activities through the use of standard tendering document templates (RFx), maintaining adherence to established sourcing processes and practices.
- Reviews tender and award documentation with respect to the developed evaluation criteria.
- Responsible for awarding a contract with consensus from the respective department.
- Responsible for contributing to the category management activities
- Coordinates and resolves problems with end users
- Demonstrates the procurement function as an effective resource for addressing supply chain issues.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and documentation on all solicitations, responses, purchases, contracts, correspondence and related follow up.
- Collects and reports statistics to measure commodity and/or supplier performance.
- Promotes and develops contact with external suppliers to establish new sources of supply.
- Coordinates and/or conducts interviews with current suppliers to improve levels of customer services.
- Degree in a relevant discipline along with an SCMP Designation or similar training and qualifications.
- Minimum of two to three years of related experience
- Ability to analyze problems, identify key information and issues.
- Advanced level with spreadsheet and database software; and to intermediate excel, word processing, email, and presentation software required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple priorities; ability to work calmly under pressure of critical deadlines or heavy volumes during peak periods.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative with sound judgment in complex situations.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.