Horizon Recruitment Inc is currently seeking a Buyer for a short 4-month contract to join an established company located in Burnaby, BC. This role will manage purchasing and inventory planning for the distribution facility and will also implement inventory control and purchasing best practices.
- Consolidate and manage purchasing activities for manufacturing operations and facility requirements.
- Track PO's and expedite orders for delivery
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and improvements in operational efficiency.
- Analyze inventory levels and plan re-order points according to sales forecasts and production schedules
- Implement inventory control best practices
- Inventory control and production planning activities.
- 3+ years of experience in a purchasing position
- Experience in managing inventory levels and inventory forecasts
- Ability to liaise closely with the sales and operations team to develop accurate forecasts and requirements for the business
- Strong communication skills in English.
- Strong organization, time management, and follow-up skills.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.