Horizon Recruitment is seeking an experienced Project Buyer for our Lower Mainland client in Richmond, BC. Our client requires a skilled procurement professional to assist the organization with its ongoing demand and significant pipeline of large project based work. The Buyer will be purchasing a range of specialized products. The Buyer will also maintain vendor relationships for the duration of the contract.
- Procure products for use in the regular operations and on special projects
- Assist in troubleshooting any irregular situations or problems with immediate manager as they arise.
- Initiate and participate in the development of procurement strategies responsive to requirements and to maintain capable and competitive sources of supply.
- Examine possibilities for cost savings through alternate sourcing.
- Gather information for the preparation or review of tendering documents as required.
- A Bachelors degree in Business Administration or Equivalent
- PMAC designation is preferred
- At least 5 years of procurement experience .
- Requires knowledge of business computer applications, and communications.
- Requires a good knowledge of English, both oral and written, to facilitate negotiations and to maintain an effective relationships with suppliers.
- Requires purchasing experience and ability to identify regulatory and safety-related items, schedule and monitor procurement transactions, expedite and provide status information on deliveries, and organize and chair meetings.
- Requires experience utilizing computer software applications, databases, spreadsheets, reports, and an electronic workstation
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.