Horizon Recruitment Inc is currently seeking a Junior Buyer to join a purchasing team located in the lower mainland on a 15 month contract term. This role will support purchasing and inventory planning for a portfolio of vendors while also supporting continuous improvement within the group; focusing on streamlining processes, improving operational efficiency, and developing excel and other tools to manage large volumes of inventory, purchasing and sales data.
- Assist with the purchasing function for a portfolio of equipment and materials.
- Inventory planning for vendor portfolio
- Generate PO’s and RFP's
- Expedite deliveries to internal clients
- Liaise with vendors regarding deficiencies, shortages and back orders
- Manage / update SKU details in purchasing system
- Manage demand deficits and changes in availability for a high volume of SKU's
- Work across the project and distribution operations to ensure demand planning goals are realistically set and managed.
- Deal with order scheduling inquiries and challenges.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and improvements in operational efficiency.
- Manage new product introduction and forecast demand with input from operations team
- General inventory planning and production planning activities.
- 3 years of experience within a in a procurement or purchasing position.
- Strong Excel skills are essential.
- Experience managing inventory levels and inventory forecasts
- Ability to liaise closely with the sales and operations team to develop accurate forecasts and requirements for the business
- Proven continuous improvement, change management, and business analysis skills
- Strong communication skills in English.
- Meticulous organization, time management, and follow-up skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment and think on your feet and adapt to change
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.