Horizon Recruitment Inc. is actively seeking a Business Operations Analyst with an academic or professional interest in Supply Chain and Operations. The position is for our client based in their Vancouver Office with operations worldwide.
The successful Candidate will collect and analyse a combination or marketing and industry data in support of global supply chain operations. The intelligence and data produced will have a direct influence on a wide scope of operations such as shaping supply chain optimization, planning and scheduling, inventory levels, shipping schedules and commodities buying. You will assist with management of global logistics budget process and prepare and deliver various key reports to the global supply chain team and senior management.
- Analyze global markets and demand/supply trends
- Ensure relevant internal stakeholders have up to date and accurate data in well packaged and usable format
- Work with the business to identify trends and market patterns that can translate in to supply chain improvements, cost savings and optimized distribution.
- Tactical planning of shipping moves and scheduling.
- Support the Finance, Marketing and Global Supply Chain Management Team, provide input to opportunities and risks impacting global supply chain and sourcing.
- On-going analysis and validation of Tactical Planning Strategy; recommending changes and amendments as required.
- Coordinate the logistics budget process with the regions and develop cost management reports.
- Prepare complex reports, including KPIs for management and marketing teams.
- Support and augment Supply Chain planning team in other associated tasks as required.
- 1-3 years’ participation in market data analysis and reporting within a large global enterprise organisation
- Experience working across regionally diverse and cross functional teams
- Financial background and acumen is an asset (CPA, CFA, MBA)
- An understanding and keen interest in international supply chain and logistics operations
- Exposure to bulk commodity logistics and shipping methods an asset.
- Ability to identify and deliver value-added cross-functional strategies and processes that deliver competitive advantage in cost, quality of service, people and environment.
- Understanding of the dynamics of a global commodity markets and the implied impacts on supply/demand and cost.
- Strong Excel and data modelling experience (Pivot tables, VBA, SQL)
- Solid customer focus.
- Able to deal with concepts and complexity comfortably
- Intellectually sharp, capable, and agile.
- A versatile and relentless learner, especially when facing new or complex problems.
- Strong priority setting and time management abilities.
- Highly detail oriented and organized.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.