Our client, a leading CPG firm based in Toronto, is seeking a Bilingual (English and Mandarin) Supply Planner.
- Identify, react and manage changes in demand compared to changes in availability to manufacturer
- Solve and recalculate the system to establish shorts, risks and excess
- Assess and validate what has changed from the previous position on a bi-weekly basis and communicate risks to manager when needed if exceptions exceed scope of control
- Daily inventory assessments to determine shorts, risks and excess to maintain optimal inventory levels across channels
- Assess replenishment and supply error by SKU in vendor performance and define sufficient safety stock
- Purchase materials to carry adequate safety stock
- Manage the inventory from an obsolescence and aged perspective
- Vendor management and compliance responsibilities and monthly vendor compliance reporting to manager
- Monthly reporting to finance on rolling 12 month horizon purchase plans and budget to actuals reporting on purchases
- Monthly obsolescence and aged inventory report
- Systems management (MOQ, lead times, safety stocks, costs and purchase prices)
- 3-5 years experience working within CPG or Pharma
- Must have a strong understanding of ingredient and product life cycles
- Experience using an ERP System an asset.
- Outgoing personality, detail-oriented and strong judgment and diplomacy to work with multiple departments
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.