Horizon Recruitment is conducting a search for an important leadership role in our clients’ warehouse operation as the Assistant Warehouse Manager. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Distribution the Assistant Manager will lead a team of Supervisors and Leads in a brand-new state of the 300K sq/ft warehouse. Our client has recently undergone a consolidation project to bring together multiple warehouses under one roof into an all-inclusive distribution centre. Our client has made significant investments into technology and process improvements to better meet the high growth in their business. The Assistant Manager plays a very important role in the overall leadership to develop teams, manage process improvements and support the DC in its long-term transformation.
Our client offers an exceptionally supportive culture and environment with significant advancement opportunity. As our client's business grows the DC will play an ever-increasing strategic importance to the future of the company. The opportunity for the Assistant Manager to progress and take on ever increasing responsibility is outstanding.
- Ensure that the warehouse operates at peak efficiency by leading, supervising, organizing, directing and training warehouse employees
- Establish, monitor, and manage operational goals
- Responsible for the overall daily management of a designated shift
- Supervise your team by providing instruction, coaching, and feedback as needed
- Become proficient in using Warehouse Management System to produce successful KPI driven results
- Assist in building, guiding, and developing an engaged team to deliver high levels of service and operational results
- Ensure that all warehouse processes and procedures are being followed by all team members
- Drive continuous improvement in processes and procedures
- Coordinate with other warehouse leaders to optimize and assign delivery routes from the Distribution Centre to retail stores in an efficient manner
- Encourages teamwork within the workforce to ensure set productivity targets are met
- Promote a safe working environment through compliance and understanding of Health and Safety rules and regulations, along with company policies and procedures
- Commit to further advancing one’s warehouse knowledge (ex. equipment, procedures, etc.)
- Perform additional Warehouse Manager, and distribution duties as required
- 3-5 years experience in the warehouse environment
- Has experience working with warehouse management systems
- Capable of meeting department goals while measuring and meeting key performance indicators
- Strong-willed individual with great leadership skills and people management abilities
- Must have strong communication and problem-solving skills when working individually, and with the team
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized
- Strong time management and delegating skills
- Capable of managing multiple priorities at once
- Driven individual who can help motivate others
- The warehouse operates on an 8:00AM - 8:30PM schedule this role is for the afternoon shift starting at 12noon - 8:30PM.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.