Horizon Recruitment Inc. is recruiting for an Assistant Controller for a dynamic capital projects based organization. Due to some recent changes to their business, the organization is making changes to their processes and procedures allowing them to be most effective moving forward. The organization is also constantly looking for ways to improve and implement new processes and procedures, requiring this person to be able to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Manage and implement process improvement initiatives on day to day accounting transactions
- Present financial period end results to senior management, highlighting areas of concern and action plans
- Work with various divisions on annual budgets and forecasts
- Ad hoc support on various special projects including system implementations and debt financing
- Document processes and provide strategic analysis to implement process improvement across the business
- Help the business through growth by integrating teams and processes and supporting the business with updated financial information to improve profitability and efficiencies
- A professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA) with at least 6 years of experience with large, complex organizations
- Experience working in a public company with exposure to SOX
- Experience leading project teams on a variety of projects, large and small
- Hands on, roll up the sleeves professional with a demonstrated track record of success
- Strong leadership capabilities with the ability to influence and manage stakeholders
- Capability, drive and initiative to learn, adapt and execute
- An open and articulate communicator who can build strong relationships
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.