Horizon Recruitment Inc. is conducting a search for an Assistant Controller to join a tight knit team of a mid-sized company with strong local roots. Reporting to the Controller, you will prepare and analyze the consolidated financial statements while overseeing a small team that includes AP. You will also help drive process improvements in the current business as they work to modernize the back office.
- Prepare the consolidated monthly and annual financial statements in a timely manner
- Comply with the routine remittances statutory reporting
- Oversee cash flow forecasting to ensure sufficient cash to fund operations
- Coordination with banks and general responsibility of the treasury function
- Leadership of a General Accountant and the AP team
- Support the FP&A function on budgeting and forecasting
- A professional accounting designation and qualifications (CPA, CGA, CMA, CA)
- Experience working in a large, multi-entity international company
- Experience using mid-sized to large ERP systems
- Strong Excel and data analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Excellent analytical skills, and applies a creative approach to problem solving
- Experience in manufacturing or distribution is a plus
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.