Horizon Recruitment is conducting the search for a Accounts Receivable Administrator to join our client in Calgary. Reporting to the Controller, the Accounts Receivable Administrator’s role is focused on compiling and processing data for invoicing and other related billing tasks. The Accounts Receivable Administrator is responsible for ensuring efficient, timely and accurate invoicing while adhering to all financial / team deadlines. The position requires outstanding communication and organizational skills, and superior attention to detail. Candidates with knowledge of the transportation and/or trucking industry will be given preference.
- Facilitate the customer invoicing process, including the compiling of backup documentation
- Processing bills of lading/field tickets and matching to invoices, entering information in accounting software, submitting invoices to customers and filing
- Communicating with Field Personnel to gather required information/data
- Monitoring and reporting on job billing status, including management of unbilled bills of lading, field tickets and third-party recharges
- Maintain and update tracking spreadsheets used for billing, field tickets and other job-related information to ensure accurate accounting and analysis of jobs
- Perform daily processing of financial transactions, including reviewing and reconcile billing and payments according to contracts
- Ensure all client requirements for billing are met
- Communicate with clients and perform collection tasks
- Assist with month end closing
- Data entry and deposits of payments
- Performs various other duties as required by Management
Skills and Requirements:
- +3 years of accounts receivable/general accounting experience is preferred.
- Must be highly organized and able to multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook); Experience working with Explorer Contract Manager (Eclipse) is considered an asset.
- Great problem-solving and decision-making skills; high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a growing, dynamic and changing the environment
- Mature work ethic and ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (oral and written); able to work with multiple organizational levels
- Optimistic/Collaborative approach and attitude towards work
- Demonstrates excellent customer service
- Shows responsibility and confidentiality regarding work-related information.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment (Alberta) Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm in Finance & Accounting