Horizon Recruitment is working with a local food distribution company to find a new Accounts Payable Specialist to be responsible for handling and managing full cycle AP for their assigned accounts. The appointee supports the Senior Accounts Payable Specialist in ensuring the timely review of statements/ invoices, processing cheque runs, credit card payments and ensuring vendor accounts are accurate and up to date.
- Reviews statements or invoices received from suppliers and staff to determine the correct coding of expenses. Seeks approval from supervisors and managers concerned.
- Utilizes Accpac to enter accounts payable transactions and process payments.
- Assists with the set-up and maintenance of credit with vendors.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Processes cheque runs and credit card payments.
- Reconciles credit card monthly statements and investigates any issues or discrepancies.
- Liaise with vendors as needed to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date files for A/P.
- Monitors entries at month end to ensure deadlines are met.
- Conducts work safely and adhere to the company’s health and safety policies and procedures.
- Ensures integrity of financial data and information.
- Minimum 3 years prior accounts payable experience in a high-volume environment
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills and proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications
- High Level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency with accounting programs/software experience with Sage/Accpac an asset
- Strong organizational skills and able to handle a variety of complex tasks
- Strong communication skills and capable of communicating effectively with all departments, customers, sales team, customer service team and the management team
- Team player and able to initiate corrective action in a positive manner
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.