Horizon Recruitment has an immediate requirement for a capable and committed Accounts Payable Clerk. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, this position is responsible for processing accounts payable invoices and performing other payables duties in a timely and efficient manner. Our client has a rich history of growth in the utilities and space and provide a solid opportunity for a strong career of consistency and reliability. If you are in the Surrey or the valley this could be great opportunity to work close to home with a solid team. Our client values work/life balance and offers great compensation, vacation and benefits.
- Enter a high volume of invoices accurately and efficiently.
- Process weekly and adhoc AP payment runs
- Manage and monitor the AP Email inbox
- Maintain a working knowledge of how workflows are applied for invoice approvals and administering accordingly
- Maintain a working knowledge of how Purchase Order systems work; reconciling and posting invoices accordingly
- Perform accurate and timely invoice accrual reports for month-end processing
- Maintain a working knowledge of taxes, including PST and how it is applied across different provinces
- Prepares quarterly IFTA (International Fuel Tax) reports
- Posts monthly Credit Card entries and prepares monthly reconciliations
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Actively manage vendor accounts, ensuring that credits are received for outstanding memos.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Protects the organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Meets monthly Key Performance Indicators
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong Analytical skills and high attention to detail
- Experience working in a multi-company, cost center environment
- Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong positive “can do” attitude and approach to responsibilities
- Ability to work independently and with all levels of staff within the company
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to shift priorities and reach varying deadlines
- Ability to maintain long-standing vendor relationships
- Basic understanding of accounting concepts
- General math skills
- Must be comfortable working from the office in a paperless AP environment
- Post-secondary diploma in Accounting
- 3+ years experience in a similar role and high volume environment
- 3+ years experience in the construction/utility industry or project-based company
Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered*
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.