Horizon Recruitment is working with a locally owned, private business to find them their next Accounting Manager. The organization is a large, family run group of companies with operations and holdings across BC. Working closely with the Principal, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for the full-cycle accounting and preparation of the financial statements for multiple entities.
- Provide leadership to other accounting team members.
- Attend to and liaise with various external stakeholders with respect to accounting queries.
- Prepare cash flow statements and cash flow analysis reports.
- Perform day-to-day business transactions and transfers.
- Work with Corporate FP&A to prepare and maintain operating and capital spending budgets.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for multiple companies in accordance with guidelines and deadlines.
- Prepare operational reports for various properties.
- Assist with the preparation of year-end financial statements and schedules for external accountant review and tax preparation.
- Track and maintain full cycle accounting activities for development projects.
- Monitor rent rolls and collections from properties under management.
- Prepare investment pro-forma analysis, supporting financial and accounting due diligence for dispositions/acquisitions.
- Maintain records of charitable donations.
- Assist management with forensic financial and accounting diligence as required.
- Work with senior management to support business objectives.
- Participate in the implementation of internal controls and accounting best practices.
- Conduct performance reviews, and source out training opportunities as required.
- Additional duties as may be assigned which fall within the nature of the role.
- CPA designation or 5 years progressive management and accounting experience.
- Commercial real estate and property management industry experience is an asset.
- Experience in a family office setting is an asset.
- Ability to work with Corporate FP&A to manage and analyze large data sets. Working knowledge of how to organize, summarize and interpret data is a plus.
- Enjoy developing and coaching team members.
- Detail oriented and committed to a high level of accuracy.
- Outstanding time-management and prioritization skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities under very tight deadlines.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in a changing business environment.
**Only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada will be considered.**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.