Horizon Recruitment Inc is looking for someone with strong public practice experience for an exciting Accounting Manager position for a leading manufacturer and distribution company in the cannabis space. This position provides a great career opportunity for an out-of-the-box thinker with a proven ability to identify, implement, and document business processes. You will work closely alongside operations to identify opportunities, minimize risks and maximize efficiencies.
- Work with operations and build relationships to gather information about the business and optimize processes
- Assessment, review and advisory on internal controls matters
- Develop enhanced policies and procedures for the organization
- Oversee four direct reports but focus on driving continuous improvement in all areas of the business
- Recognized accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA) required and experience in Big 4 is preferred
- Client portfolio of large publicly traded companies (familiarity with IFRS, SOX)
- At least 1 year post designation (in industry or in public practice)
- Experience in business process documentation, analysis and implementation
- Comfort dealing with senior executives and operations and possession of excellent communication skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing environments and requirements
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.