Horizon Recruitment Inc. is currently seeking an Accounting Manager (Controller) to take on the accounting and finance function for a Vancouver based specialty construction company. You will be part of a high functioning entrepreneurial team and be responsible for the complete and accurate monthly reporting package for the organization.
- All levels of accounting and financial reporting process (from invoicing through to financial statement preparation)
- Ownership for accurate, timely and well-supported financial statements and aid with the analysis and presentation of reports to ownership
- Optimize the accounting function, with experience delivering process improvements and efficiencies.
- Identify and implement standardized accounting, tax and finance best practices across organization
- Optimize growth strategies and proactively manage potential risks
- Work with external accountants and auditors to ensure full cooperation from accounting staff and compliance with all qualified requests
- A professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA) is preferred with 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Hands on attitude with the willingness to get the job done
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing work environment
- Construction or project based experience preferred
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.