Horizon Recruitment is seeking an Accounting Manager with great leadership skills for a 13-month contract with one of our large local clients with complex operations globally.
This role requires a designated Accountant with the business acumen, communication skills, and leadership to manage a small team in a highly dynamic industry. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the financial reporting and the financial performance of this operational business unit. This will include monthly and quarterly close as well as internal reporting to Senior Management. You will prepare and analyze the financial results and will be comfortable getting hands-on as required. You will work closely with operational managers to provide analysis and support and to ensure the accurate preparation of consolidated financial statements and financial budgets.
- An accounting designation is required CPA - CA, CGA or CMA
- 4+ years of experience in progressively responsible accounting roles
- Managerial experience is required and hands-on industry experience is preferred over a straight public practice background
- Experience leading a team of 3+ people
- Exposure to public company reporting, specifically IFRS
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with large ERP accounting systems
- A dynamic personality with a proven ability to lead and generate positive action
- Demonstrated credibility and the business acumen to communicate with senior level executives across a global organization
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.