Horizon Recruitment is working with a great, home-grown company to fill a newly created Accounting Manager position due to growth in the company. As an integral part of the finance team, you will oversee and support all aspects of the accounting operations., leading a team of 6 people.
- Assist in month end and year end closing processes
- Support the management of day-to-day cashflow
- Supervise and report on Accounting Operations, including AR & AP
- Process vendor payments, including cheques, EFT, and wires
- Review and post monthly bank reconciliations
- Balance inventory, payables, and receivables at month end
- Review of monthly financial reporting and budgets for multiple entities
- Review US exchange rate and administer FX trades
- Communicates expectations on individual performance evaluations and through the performance management program.
- Establishes clear and consistent performance and productivity standards for all direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field and CPA designation preferred
- 3+ years relevant work experience in similar role
- Demonstrated experience leading a small team
- Experience working in a matrix organization with cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Thrives in a growth-oriented environment and can adapt to change quickly
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of people.
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.