Horizon Recruitment is seeking an experienced Accounting Manager for one of our downtown clients who are always on the "top places to work" lists. Our client is a leader in their field and they require a dynamic individual who can thrive in an ever-changing environment. This is a leadership role and they are looking for someone who can really hold their own; someone who is confident, articulate, technically strong and has a great attitude. This role is part of a very supportive team where you'll be set up for success and you'll be able to set your team up for success as well.
As an Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely financial reporting and closing the books but you'll also have the opportunity to own the analysis for a variety of business units and get involved in various exciting projects along the way. You will be responsible for leading a high performing team and supporting their growth and development. The ideal candidate will bring a strong accounting background but will also provide strategic financial support across the business.
- Completion of a recognized Accounting Designation (CPA - CA, CMA or CGA) public practice would be nice to have but is not necessary
- 5+ years of experience in a large complex international company
- 3+ years of experience leading an accounting team
- Leadership and mentorship mentality with the ability to lead by example and be hands on - your team will be motivated by your confidence and ability!
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.