Horizon Recruitment Inc. has an immediate need for an Accounting Clerk to help support our fast-paced, high volume, private company client. Due to new opportunities arising, the team is looking to add someone with up to a year of entry level accounting experience and pursuing a career in accounting.
- Full cycle accounts payable, processing payments under strict deadlines
- Prepare and enter journal entries, and perform bank and inter company reconciliations
- Identify and collect slow paying, problematic, or delinquent accounts
- Take ownership of corporate credit card transactions
- 1 to 2 years of junior accounting experience
- CPA student or interest in enrolling in the program
- Solid understanding of bookkeeping and accounts payable and receivable principles.
- Strong computer skills; proficiency in MS Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Thorough knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices and reporting requirements
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a proactive approach to managing projects & issues
- Someone who takes pride in their work with strong attention to detail
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.