Horizon Recruitment is conducting a search for an Accounting Assistant for a large manufacturing company with geographically dispersed operations. Our client is an ever growing player in their industry and offers an excellent opportunity for a career oriented accountant with a "can do" attitude. While the role will be initially focused on accounts payable, this person will be expected to contribute in other areas of accounting and support the Accounting Manager.
- Match, code and enter invoices in multiple ERP systems
- Responsible for weekly cheque runs
- Ensure that Accounts Payable, general ledger accounts and sub ledgers are reconciled at the end of each period; investigate discrepancies and follow up accordingly
- Ensure all invoices are processed in a timely fashion, follow up with plant personnel and vendors for pending invoices.
- Support operations staff with inventory reconciliations and maintain inventory sub ledgers
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Post journal entries and update continuity schedules (prepaid accounts, accrued liabilities)
- Assist the accounting and finance team with period end tasks as required
Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Accounting
Enrollment in the CPA program is an asset
Minimum of 2 years experience in an AP role
Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Excel
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain.