Horizon Recruitment is recruiting for an Accounting Assistant (AP) with a fantastic client in Langley Township just off Highway # 1, on the Abbotsford / Langley border. This role is a key accounting support function within this repackaging and distribution business. This role is most suitable for a detail-oriented, well organized, and highly motivated individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment knowing that others will rely and depend on the execution of their work. Reliable transportation is required as this location is not transit accessible.
- Accounting/Accounts Payable Functions:
- Maintain AP inbox, review, sort, process legitimate and accurate invoices into ERP System. This includes coding items to the correct GL accounts.
- Maintain accounts payable rate sheets, accounts payable files and contract binder as approvals to pay.
- Entering freight invoices into tracking spreadsheet (CORP).
- Acquiring all necessary approvals and backup information prior to payment.
- Paying vendors within terms (prepare biweekly cheque run).
- Reconciling and maintaining the corporate credit card.
- Calculating and issuing payments to brokers\agents.
- Creating and managing a filing system to use for correspondence and backup.
- Respond to queries from our internal and external clients in a timely and professional manner.
- Complete vendor credit applications.
- Ensure completion of monthly employee expense reports
- Maintain and reconcile monthly petty cash expenditures and ensure balance on hand is adequate.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- 1-2 years of prior AP/AR or related accounting experience
- Self-starter, can work independently with minimal direction
- Enthusiastic and approachable personality
- Exceptional administrative, organizational skills and time management
- Strong collaboration skills within a team environment
- MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Diploma in Business Administration an asset
- Previous experience within a fast-paced environment beneficial
- Initiative and process improvement skills appreciated
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
Our client offers:
- Competitive base salary
- Full-Time and Long-Term Employment (7:30am to 4:00pm Monday through Friday)
- Opportunity for growth and development in a growing company
- Group Benefits (Health Spending Account)
- Personalized training
- Free parking space
- Fun and creative work environment
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance and Supply Chain.
To APPLY and view similar postings please visit “Your Career” at www.horizonrecruit.com.