Horizon Recruitment is seeking an Accounting Assistant for one of our construction clients based in Surrey. This role provides a great chance for a resourceful individual with a strong understanding of the fundamentals of accounting to expand their skill set. At least a year of full-cycle accounts payable experience is required for this role with just the right foundation, a great mindset and an eagerness to learn!
The Accounting Assistant will report to the Accounting Manager and will be part of a small team responsible for the quarterly and annual reporting of the company’s financial performance with a focus on the Accounts Payable function. You will support the financial reporting team and have the opportunity to learn as you go.
- A University degree with a specialization in Business, Commerce, Accounting or similar
- Experience with Accounts Payable is an asset (1 year preferred)
- Excellent accuracy and ability to perform high volume journal entries
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills combined with an eagerness to learn and grow with an organization
**Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered**
Horizon Recruitment Inc. is a specialized recruitment and search firm with two complimentary practice areas: Finance & Supply Chain